Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

GO pro can't read Video files.

[ New ]

Greetings,

A couple of months ago I took some videos, and then transfered them to a hard drive for storage. Just recently I have been wanting to use these videos to make a scenematic video out of the whole experience, so I plugged the videos back into the memory card and into the go pro to clip and edit them with the go pro app into the phone. It seems like the go pro can't detect the files. Any ideas of why it's not reading the files? I use the GO Pro app for how easy it is to use, any idea of how I can get around this issue without having to upload the videos to the cloud and then downloading them again?(It's probably 100 GB of footage)

Accepted Solutions
Backpacker

Re: GO pro can't read Video files.

[ New ]

The GoPro needs all the files in the exact same structure they were on the SD card in order to be able to read them.  So same folders, same THM and LRV files etc.  If you're missing those, then the GoPro app won't recognize the files.  

Also if you're trying to make a cinematic video, why would you be editing on the GoPro app?  it's only good for short clips (about 60 seconds) and it only outputs in 1080P.  If you want to make a cinematic clip, edit on your PC and output in 4K

View solution in original post

All Replies
Backpacker

Re: GO pro can't read Video files.

[ New ]

The GoPro needs all the files in the exact same structure they were on the SD card in order to be able to read them.  So same folders, same THM and LRV files etc.  If you're missing those, then the GoPro app won't recognize the files.  

Also if you're trying to make a cinematic video, why would you be editing on the GoPro app?  it's only good for short clips (about 60 seconds) and it only outputs in 1080P.  If you want to make a cinematic clip, edit on your PC and output in 4K