Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

GO PRO HERO 5 LCD NOT WORKING

I need some help regarding my Go Pro Hero 5. I've used it a few times already. But last Aug. 11, 2018, while I'm using at the pool, the camera shows too hot 🌡 sign then turns off. I stop using it and wait for a few hours then charge it. But it won't charge and won't open. I try not to use it for weeks. And now, i try to charge it again and it work. After fully charged, I would like to try it, it opens but the LCD is not working already.

I'm trying to chat the support services, but its not available for me it says.

How can i send my concern to the customer service regarding my problem with my Go Pro.

Thanks in advance. Hope someone would help.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: GO PRO HERO 5 LCD NOT WORKING

Hi @noblepeak82630

Please ensure that the SD card is not inserted between the SD card slot and the battery as this can put pressure on the back of the touch display.

If it's still the same. try a manual software update. After the update, perform a Factory Reset.

• From the main screen, swipe down.
  • Tap Preferences > Factory Reset, and then tap Next.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern. You may contact them via phone or chat.

Please take note of their opening hours listed on this link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As this is a recent purchase, you may also check the store/channel you got the camera from.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @noblepeak82630

Please ensure that the SD card is not inserted between the SD card slot and the battery as this can put pressure on the back of the touch display.

If it's still the same. try a manual software update. After the update, perform a Factory Reset.

• From the main screen, swipe down.
  • Tap Preferences > Factory Reset, and then tap Next.

If all else fails, please reach out to our Support Team to move forward with this concern. You may contact them via phone or chat.

Please take note of their opening hours listed on this link: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As this is a recent purchase, you may also check the store/channel you got the camera from.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

Bonsoir l'écran de ma gopro hero 5 ne fonctionne plus comment le faire changer ?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldstoke4866

Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps listed above?

Regards,

Ej