12-05-2017 09:43 PM
I started the update process on my Fusion and it said complete on my phone but the camera was frozen afterwards and I had to pull the battery out. I tried to hard reset it with the steps listed on the support page but its still not working.
12-06-2017 09:56 AM
If you have not already I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team. They can go through some troubleshooting steps with you to see if you can get that Fusion up and running! https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
I would also give these steps a go one more time:
1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove, then reinsert the battery.
2. Press the Mode button (side) for 2-3 seconds to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screen).
3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
4. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove and reinsert the battery, then connect Fusion to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, look for red LED illumination to indicate charging.
- If the red LED does not illuminate:
- Remove the cable, then battery from the camera. Wait for ≈5 seconds before proceeding.
- Reinsert the battery then wait for ≈5 seconds before proceeding.
- Reinsert the cable then give the camera 5-10 mins for the red LED to illuminate.
5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
7. If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
Let us know how it goes!
02-14-2018 03:17 AM
I also have a problem with turning on the camera after the update. But I waited until the update was complete. Now the camera turns on and off endlessly. Update was made by phone.
On the USB flash drive after the update through the phone. Written here is this information:
"camera serial number":"C3201124517195",
this means that the camera has not refreshed. But then it is unclear why it is not updated manually.
I tried to update it manually. I did everything according to the instructions.
Update from the phone, I waited until the update is complete. After the update, the camera itself rebooted and began to reboot continuously, as shown in the video.
What am I doing wrong? This is a brand new camera. I received it yesterday. I have not photographed anyone.
I really need this camera in the coming days.
04-24-2018 12:23 PM