Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Fusion with Google Pixel 2 or any Android supported device. (selling oneplus 5t)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

So I have come to decision to sell my Oneplus 5T and buy Google Pixel 2XL.

And I would like to know if it supports all features like iPhone or something isn't supported like OverCapture.

Can you do stiching on phone and share videos, pictures to social media?

Anyone who have some Android device which is supported can leave comment how it works (what works) and what device they are using.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Fusion with Google Pixel 2 or any Android supported device. (selling oneplus 5t)

Hi @daimen

We do our best to ensure that the GoPro App works on every device but this is nearly impossible due to the nature of the OS. Android is a fragmented operating system with a myriad of devices running different hardware and software specs. These inconsistencies make it extremely challenging to ensure that the app will work flawlessly on every device.

That being said we are still continuously working on the overall performance on the platform. Please continue to check our website for updates.

Best,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Fusion with Google Pixel 2 or any Android supported device. (selling oneplus 5t)

Hello @daimen

This article gives information on fusion-supported devices. It also discusses on usability information, and sharing limitations. You can save it for future reference. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Hiker

Hi @mariustanya

Thank you but you know that you can't trust that link. Moust devices will support connecting to Fusion with WiFi hack.

There is no mentions about S8+ ****F serries, but they dont get any support.

Flagships like Oneplus 5T/6 and Samsung S9 isn't there at all.

Also I can't find any info about Overcapture on Android.

And this is why I'm here to get real support from real Android users, if I have to buy new device just because GoPro can't give good support I will make sure device worksfor others.

GoPro

Hi @daimen

We do our best to ensure that the GoPro App works on every device but this is nearly impossible due to the nature of the OS. Android is a fragmented operating system with a myriad of devices running different hardware and software specs. These inconsistencies make it extremely challenging to ensure that the app will work flawlessly on every device.

That being said we are still continuously working on the overall performance on the platform. Please continue to check our website for updates.

Best,

Ej

Hiker

So I did it! 

I sold Oneplus 5T and give GoPro one more chance on Goolgle Pixel 2 XL.

I have to say it is much better expirience but it is sad that now I will have to live with that device for a long time.

And I did have to spend extra cash for not the best device for cash!

So how it is:
Connecting works good, without Hero 5/6 Hack!
Stiching works good!
OverCapture works good!
Rendering faster than on PC but only 90 secs. 

Sharing to social media, sucks cause you can do only facebook and only your Main Profile not your page!!!

So basicly phone is uselless for sharing good VR video.... Because they somehow can't allow you acces all the files from devices gallery.

It looks like everthing else is OK, it was good choise to buy Pixel 2XL it is definetly better, but I'm still disaponted that I have to spend extra. I'm using it as remote and more often to whatch what I want to edit laiter on PC.

GoPro

Hello @daimen

Thank you for sharing your results. it is really helpful especially for others who might have the same concerns. We are still waiting for an updated list of Fusion-supported devices. Please continue to watch out for updates on our channels. 

Best regards, 
Marius