Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Fusion stabilisation issue

Hi, I have a strange problem and I want to ask you if some of you have the same problem.

Following workflow:

1. I walk around with the Gopro Fusion mounted on the included grip for about 60 seconds. During capturing I am walking, but I am trying hold the camera smooth and straight about 1 meter next to my face.

2. Then I import the footage to Gopro Fusion Studio and stitch it with stabilisation enabled.

3. I use CIneform and 360 audio enabled.

4. Now I watch the video in Gopro VR Player.

RESULT: At the beginning, everysthing seems to be fine. The horizon is straight and my movements are smooth. But then, after about 30 seconds, the horizon will tilt down. I have this issue on every footage which is longer than 30 seconds when stabilisation is enabled.

I have firmware 1.15 and I am using Gopro Fusion Studio 1.3.400.

Does anybody has an idea what kind of problem this is? Does anybody face the same problem? Is this problem related to an hardware issue, i.e. broken gyroscope? Or is this a software issue in this stabilisation feature?

Thanks for your help.

Philipp

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Fusion stabilisation issue

[ Edited ]

There is a latest update as of Nov 9th that does fix some stabilization issues. (Fusion v01.51 | November 9, 2017)

Check it out and try it again with the latest version:

https://gopro.com/update/fusion

Fusion v01.51

NEW FEATURES:

Includes a white balance fix to improve image quality
Enables faster transfer of content to iOS® and Android™ devices using the 5GHz Wi-Fi band*
Improves stabilization

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

Improves the process of transferring content to another device
Improves the synchronization in time lapse video frames

USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS

Simplifies the pairing process
Improves localization

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS + BUG FIXES

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

@tex4ever - The Fusion stabilization is different than the stabilization you might find in other cameras. The stabilization in Fusion is designed to keep the orientation of the shot consistent even if the camera is rotated or twisted. As part of this, it is looking for objects in the shot to use as a reference point. If it selects a reference point that is moving, the orientation may move with that object.

For example, I recently shot a Fusion video of a parade. I framed the shot with the parade directly in front of me in the center. There was a float already in that shot on the first frame, and as that float moved down the street, the Fusion's stabilization turned to follow that object.

What may work for you is to assure that the center of your frame is focused on a static object when you start the render.

GoPro

[ Edited ]

There is a latest update as of Nov 9th that does fix some stabilization issues. (Fusion v01.51 | November 9, 2017)

Check it out and try it again with the latest version:

https://gopro.com/update/fusion

Fusion v01.51

NEW FEATURES:

Includes a white balance fix to improve image quality
Enables faster transfer of content to iOS® and Android™ devices using the 5GHz Wi-Fi band*
Improves stabilization

PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

Improves the process of transferring content to another device
Improves the synchronization in time lapse video frames

USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS

Simplifies the pairing process
Improves localization

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS + BUG FIXES