Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Fusion "wifi not ready" and no option to turn on wifi

I just got off the phone with gopro support and thought I'd make a post just in case anyone else is having the same issue. 

My Fusion suddenly lost the ability to connect via wifi. It has been working perfectly for a few months now then suddenly can't connect. When I follow all the support suggestions to reset the camera, the wifi settings, the gopro app, etc. None of it works. There isn't an option to even turn on the wifi at all anymore. Factory reset. Re-install firmware. No luck.

So, if your wifi options disappear just call Support. Save yourself the time. It looks like a warranty issue. The wifi antenna died or something. 

Pretty infuriating because I brought this camera to use on a trip to Paris and it just died. Not very pleased with the reliability of this device so far and the fact that the work projects I intended to use it for cannot be completed now. I can't stay in another country and wait for an RMA. 

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Fusion "wifi not ready" and no option to turn on wifi

I ended up calling GoPro support. After describing the problem they did an RMA and ended up sending me a replacement. If you are having the same issue I'd definitely recommend contacting gopro directly.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

Hello;

my fusion gives the same error.

How did you solve the problem?

I need my help.

Hiker

I ended up calling GoPro support. After describing the problem they did an RMA and ended up sending me a replacement. If you are having the same issue I'd definitely recommend contacting gopro directly.

GoPro

Thanks for letting us know @c-dub-ya

Keeps us posted for update or question. 

Thanks,

Jay 

Tourist

thank you.
I will call the authorized service.
can solve the problem quickly.