Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Fusion premier plugin, choppy key frames, no control to smooth.

I was wondering if everyone else has the same problem as me with the premier plugin and knows a fix.

When placing keyframes for any camera movements, movement between the first 2 keyframes is very smooth. Starting slow speeding up, then slwoing down before coming to a stop again. But placing a third keyframe, makes the movement jerky/sudden at the start stop and transition. Additionally, the movement speed never responds to adjusting the sliders, so trying to smooth out the start and stop doesn't work.

2 keyframes movement smooth; https://gyazo.com/9e7b96ed463911857ddfdda8d98e2b56

added third, now the  same keyframe that was smooth stops very suddenly; https://gyazo.com/23fda0d592a62a6a78577768d59cce52

You can see that third keyframe doesn't even command a further pan. No matter what I do I cannot get a smooth star/stop with more than 2 total keyframes. This includes adjusting the sliders that should do exaclty what I want to do (but have zero effect in reality)

Hiker

Re: Fusion premier plugin, choppy key frames, no control to smooth.

Bump, can anyone say for sure they don't have a similar problem and have full control over the acceleration of the camera motion. (for instance force the motion to greatly accelerate in the middle of the motion)

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion premier plugin, choppy key frames, no control to smooth.

It doesn't really help, but: yes, here is the same. Smoothness is weird. Also set to zero is smooth. I'm not able to make a non-smooth-move... If it's more complex I have to split the clip into multiple parts or work in After Effects - where other bugs are present ... :-)

The software-departement of Gopro is not very homogen and Gopro doesn't realize that a electronic product today is a mixture of hard- and software.