Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Fusion overheating issue

How do you all know it is an overheating issue?  My camera shuts down as well, its done it several times at different intervals.  One time I had to pull the battery out and put it back in to get the camera to power on again.  But I didn't see any "error" per se, no message that indicated it was overheating.  Is this the same behavior you are seeing?

Highlighted
Hiker

Because the camera was very hot. Other GoPros have this same issue. Exact same behavior. Stops recording, freezes up, and requires a battery pull. Customer service has still not approved my replacement.
Highlighted
Backpacker

i have had a GoPro come up with the overheat, but it did actually flash up with a warning saying "too hot" before shutting down

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

My Fusion would get too hot (~62 degree C) after recording(5.2K30) ~75 minutes continuously in room temperature.

too_hot_shutting_down.gif

Highlighted
Hiker

So I just got my replacment, and am at over 20 minutes recording with battery in and using a USB battery bank.   Seems like my original unit was defective for sure.  Will update after letting it run and importing/editing.  

Highlighted
Hiker

Glad your new Fusion is working properly!  Quick question, how do you connect the USB battery without seeing it in the footage? 

Highlighted
Hiker

Highlighted
Tourist

I am with the same problem, i am a quite worry about that heating disolve same weld...
What gopro suport say about that overheating? I was thinking that this problem was a batery in short circuit