Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Fusion not being recognized my Fusion studio on MacOS.

Just purchased a brand new fusion and took test footage to upload and play with. Fusion has latest software(1.8), Fusion studio has latest update(1.3.0.4 b8b265a), MacBook Pro has latest version (10.15). I even reinstalled the software and factory reset the camera and reset the pairig to my phone. I've used the original cable usb-c and and thunderbot 3 cable as well. MicroSD cards are Class 10, U3, A2, 128gb cards. Also, the fusion lcd switches from "Battery" to "USB" and back. What else could I be missing? Thank you.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Fusion not being recognized my Fusion studio on MacOS.

Hi @ace4xtreme

Thanks for choosing GoPro to capture great moments!

Please go over the steps on GoPro Fusion Studio App: Camera Not Recognized When Connected to Computer

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs    

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for the advice. I tried all that to. I switched the settings to none. I can also import the video that way If I absolutely had to but can’t edit them which is useless. Any other more advanced suggestions?
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for trying @ace4xtreme

Is it like a BETA version of 10.15?

Also, please check the version of your Fusion camera.

You may also try a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/ca/update/fusion

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Actually yes, the Public beta. That now seems like the most obvious answer 🤦🏽‍♂️. I guess luckily I’m also a GoPro Beta member so I’ll see if I can inform them. Thank you for your help.
Highlighted
GoPro

@ace4xtreme, let us know how it goes. Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

Highlighted
Tourist

Update: I tested the Fusion on a Windows PC and a Mac with 14.5 and everything works fine. The answer most definitely is because the app is not compatible yet, which is understandable since 15 is not publicly available. Thanks again for the help.
Highlighted
GoPro

Sure @ace4xtreme

Thanks for posting back!

Regards,

Ej