Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Fusion charging while Recording ?

Hi guys,

since fusion does not have external charger yet.

is it possible to charge the fusion while its recording ?

so that you can record as long as you can.

also 64GB will record how many hours in 4k ?

thanks

Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Fusion charging while Recording ?

tbh I normally just remove the internal battery & use an external powerpack if i've going to be recording for a long time

I use 64gb cards (2 don't forget in Fusion), & think it says 2.5hrs recording time

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Just did a test and the camera does not show it charging while it's recording. Typically that means that the some charge is getting into the camera, but the camera may be suing more than is coming in. Charging it while it's in use should allow the battery to last a little longer than it would without charging it, but I don't have a definitive answer on that just yet.

My 64Gb cards are projecting 2.5 hours of recording time at 5.2K/30 and at 3K/60.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I set up a night time lapse (photo every 2 seconds). I started the capture process, THEN connected the external power (GoPro Power Pack). I can see the battery is charging, and also can see the remaining charge percent is increasing.

My long term plan is to connect an extension cord to the power pack to record a multi-hour sequence. 

Highlighted
Tourist

hello!

thats 2,5 hours on 64gb card per card? sorry, silly question..