Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Fusion charging problem

[ New ]

I got my Fusion in 2018 from a local Best Buy. I bought a second GoPro Fusion battery. Worked fine for months when I got it. The camera and batteries were sitting in a box for about six months when I got them out last week.

Problem: both batteries are completely dead after hours of being plugged into wallcharger. Meaning the batteries were in the camera, and the camera was plugged into the wall charger.

I charged the original battery, I had it the Fusion on while plugged into a wall charger. I could see the battery levels going up.

I put in the second, extra battery and left the Fusion off. The battery is apparently at absolute 0. I plugged it into the USB-C adapter and into the wall charger. I get a message 'Battery Empty'. After a few seconds of displaying 'Battery Empty', it turns off. No red light. I thought it was just that battery.

Last I tried charging the original battery with the wall charger. No red light this morning. The LED screen seems to flicker for a second, but no red light, will not turn on.

I have it plugged into the computer and I'm getting a steady red light. But the camera doesn't show up on the computer.

Not sure what to do - The camera and the batteries worked fine for months. 

GoPro

Re: Fusion charging problem

[ New ]

Hi @denniss682

Is the camera powering on when plugged in without the battery?

Let our Support Team check on this further.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej