Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Fusion Studio shutsdown without error during rendering.

[ New ]

On two Windows 10 Pro (1909) systems.
System 1: Intel i7 5860 + 64GB ram + Titan X + 1TB NVME SSD (Kingston A2000)
System 2: AMD Threadripper 2950X + 128GB ram + RTX2080 + 1 TB NVME SSD (Samsung 970 Evo Plus)

Both Fusion Studio 1.3 and 1.4 Beta just randomly shut down during rendering.
There is no specific time or file size or number of files in the render queue.

Sometimes it does over 200GB of files in the queue without problems but most of the time it (Fusion Studio) just dissapears.

It does max out my CPU and ram during rendering.

I use 3 Fusions, all up to date with the latest firmware (no Beta firmware).

Why??

GoPro

Re: Fusion Studio shutsdown without error during rendering.

[ New ]

Hello @pjf004. When this happens, do you get any notification or pop-up for a crash reporter? Are your computer's graphic cards updated?

Also, see if there other programs that may be running in the background at the same time as the Fusion Studio. Rendering could be using all available processors and could be causing the crash. There is a user-shared solution detailed in this thread that you might want to check out. 

Tourist

[ New ]

There is no notification when this happens.

All drivers are up to date (for this issue I reinstalled Windows on both systems hoping that would solve the problem).

It just dissapears from my screen, no other software active in the background.
When I open taskmanager when Fusion Studio dissapears, I see the amount of memory used by Fusion Studio going down and then the process is gone as if it shuts down itself....

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the quick response. In that case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team so the Fusion team can take a closer look at the issue. To proceed, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and initiate a chat conversation or request a callback. When you do, be sure to have access to your computer and your Fusion cameras. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I will wait for my first issue (error 216) to be resolved first before opening a second ticket.

Nomad

[ New ]

It's caused by a buffer overflow.  I detailed an easy fix here:

Sightseer

[ New ]

I spent 15 mintues on the phone with Customer Service today about this same issue. After telling him I was stitching files that were already on my HD and not on the camera, I was asked what brand SD cards I have. SanDisk Ultra's... I was then told it was because I had the wrong brand SD cards and no other suggestions were given to me. Surely this is a GoPro Software issue like irishman points out, right?

Nomad

[ New ]

It will depend on what the issue is.  You have given no details other than "this same issue".  So if it's just a case of GoPro Fusion Studio shutting down, then yes, most likely it's the same issue and you should follow the info given in the fix.

However if you are getting errors such as a 218 error, or GoPro Fusion Studio not being able to import files, then that could be an SD card issue, but one cannot say since there are no details given.

Good news is that GoPro are working on new software for Windows YAY!

Bad news is that it might only apply to stitched video (GoPro Max) so you may still have to stitch your video first using Fusion Studio (which there has never been a fix for other than the work around listed).

Also with GoPro laying off 200 people last week, who knows if they are keeping on their software developers or not, especially for older cameras that require specific software support.