Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Fusion Studio shortening my Timelapse videos

Hi, I can't seem to find this problem on any other forum, so hope someone has some idea here.

I have recorded 3 timelapses on the GoPro Fusion. They are all around 12sec - 17sec long.

When I look at the clips through the phone, I see the whole clip. 

When I download the front and back clips to my mac, the MP4's are the full length.

When I view the clips in Fusion Studio, either from the camera or from my hard drive, each clip is only about 2sec long. They're not all exactly 2 secs, just around that long. 

Fusion isn't speeding the full clip up to 2 secs, it's just showing and downloading the first 2secs.

Check out the screen grab for reference of differing times across the MP4 and Fusion Studio. And it's doing it on multiple clips taken over various days.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Nick

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 7.26.05 pm.png

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Fusion Studio shortening my Timelapse videos

Hello Everyone, 

I thought this might help. I still have not heard from the team but a user, @jaredb344 has shared a workaround. You can view the thread here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Fusion-Studio-not-recognizing-full-timel...

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

I have exactly the same problem here. The timelapse videos are all only 3 seconds long...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rockyridge88314 and @megacreek36254,

Which time lapse mode have you used? I tried testing with time lapse video and recorded two time lapses - one in 5.2K, 30fps and another in 3K, 30fps, both at 0.5 s interval. I was able to get the full-length (full clip) video when I viewed them in Fusion Studio. One is 23 seconds long, the other, 30 seconds. I am using Fusion Studio version 1.2.1 on a Windows computer. 

Which operating system do you have on your computer? See if uninstalling and re-installing Fusion Studio will help clear the issue. You mentioned that multiple clips are affected, does this mean all clips or just some of them? Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi!

I used Video in 5K 30. I´m on a Mac. There are three Clips i made, and all 3 are affected. 

I will uninstall and reinstall, and see if it works then.

cheers

Niki

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply Marius,

I'm on a Mac running High Sierra and Fusion Studio 1.2.1 also.

I shot in 5.2k 25 PAL (I'm in Australia) at 10sec intervals. 

I just tried 1sec and 5sec intervals and then another 10sec interval.

The 1 and 5 are working fine and showing up in Fusion Studio correctly.

The 10sec is not.

I shot 14sec (which I can see on the phone) but it's only showing 1.5sec in Fusion as per my original post. 

I haven't tried over 10sec intervals yet.

I really want these clips and I really want to continue doing 10sec intervals. Any chance of a fix on this please?

I have also uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-installed Fusion Studio.

Cheers Nk

Highlighted
GoPro

We would love to hear back from you, @megacreek36254 . Thank you for testing on your end again. 

I tried the same settings as yours, @rockyridge88314  I tested with 5.2K at 25 fps PAL at 10 s interval and recorded a 13-sec long time lapse. I was able to view the full clip both a Windows 10 computer and a Mac High Sierra (10.13.5) with Fusion Studio version 1.2. What could be amiss? Which SD cards are you using, by the way? Are they among the recommended SD cards on this list

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

I thought this might help. I still have not heard from the team but a user, @jaredb344 has shared a workaround. You can view the thread here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Desktop/GoPro-Fusion-Studio-not-recognizing-full-timel...

Thanks, 
Marius