Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Fusion Studio Pro Not connecting to Camera

Running Fusion studio 1.3 on Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6

I see others having this problem, and I have troubleshot (troubleshooted?) everything, still not working.  It did work ONCE (yay).

I connect my camera and it is recognized by OS X.  I go to Image Capture and the media from the camera shows, and it is set to Fusion Studio 1.3 to open (not another app).

Within Fusion studio 1.3 the Launch when camera is connected checkbox is checked.  The media folders are working well.

I have removed the software and reinstalled (multiple times).  I have restarted the camera multiple times, and removed battery and reinserted.
I have updated firmware on camera.

When I launch the program manually, I click Browse Camera Media, it goes to finding your camera... then it returns to the home screen and sits there like a dead squirrel.

This is frustating,.  It did work ONCE, and not again.  I don't want to return the camera, but if doesn't work, it doesn't work.  It seems like I am not the only one with this problem.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Fusion Studio Pro Not connecting to Camera

If you're working with video and have an SSD, that's where you put the originals.

If you're working with photo's and have a fast USB external drive, you can put the files there.

Don't forget to create two folders first, one for the "back" sd and one for the "front" sd and to copy the files into the proper folders.  

So in this case you may want to create a folder with todays date 8-12-2019 and in that folder add two more folders "back" and "front"

In GoPro Fusion studio there should be two options available, browse camera for media and add media.  You want to select "add media" and this will open up a dialogue box asking you which folder to add.  Just browse to 8-12-2019 and select that folder.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

It's more than likely a problem with the USB drivers on your mac. 

USB connection issues

Please note, that you the best solution for rendering is to actually remove the cards from your camera and using an SD card reader, copy the files across to your computer and then render.  If you try using the USB connection you're trying to read two sets of files from two cameras over the one connection which can slow down your file transfer speeds and your stitching.  

Highlighted
Tourist

I actually thought of doing that, but where is the best place to put them AND more importantly, once there, how to I tell fusion studio they are there?

Highlighted
Nomad

If you're working with video and have an SSD, that's where you put the originals.

If you're working with photo's and have a fast USB external drive, you can put the files there.

Don't forget to create two folders first, one for the "back" sd and one for the "front" sd and to copy the files into the proper folders.  

So in this case you may want to create a folder with todays date 8-12-2019 and in that folder add two more folders "back" and "front"

In GoPro Fusion studio there should be two options available, browse camera for media and add media.  You want to select "add media" and this will open up a dialogue box asking you which folder to add.  Just browse to 8-12-2019 and select that folder.

Highlighted
Tourist

What I ended up doing was placing the files combined into a folder on my desktop, thinking that the studio would copy them to the place it needed to.  It did not.

I used the add media button, and had to click it once (nothing happened), but I clicked it again about a minute later and it worked fine.

I am running this on a 2.6Ghz i7, 6 Core Macbook Pro with 32GB ram, hardly an underpowered machine, but the stichtich proccess does have a huge impact on the laptop's performance.

I do hate the fact that I have to take the battery out to cleanly access the cards, though.

Highlighted
Nomad

I can access the cards without having to remove the battery, just requires finess.  However I've also found out that on days I don't have fine motor control, the GoPro Fusion is quite capable of ejecting SD cards across the table with great force... at which point the great SD card hunt begins...