Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Fusion Studio 1.4 Beta connection issues on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

[ New ]

Config:

Brand new GoPro Fusion

2013 Mac Pro

Original USB-A to C cable

Graphics Card: AMD FirePro D500 3 GB

I upgraded the Firmware on the Fusion to 2.0 and updated the Fusion studio to the 1.4 Beta. I'm using the original USB-A to C cable to join the 2013 Mac Pro to the camera.  It doesn't launch Studio at Connection.  If I launch manually, the "Finding your Fusion" screen just returns to "Get started with Fusion Studio" screen. Silently, with no error message.   [Twice ever, I got to Preparing Media, but the sequence to get to that is not consistent.  Launching and quitting Image Capture before starting Studio seems to correlate with the two (out of 20) times that it "worked".]

Is there a log that I can consult to see what the connection problem is? 

Other things I've tried:

- Image Capture before upgrading firmware would show the Fusion, and shows no Application set to launch on connection.  Now it doesn't show the Camera connected at all (even though the camera LCD oscillates between battery and USB connection icon)

- the GoPro app on iPhone 7 connects sporadically, and occasionally lets me view Stills.  However, sharing those with AirDrop crashes 100% of the time.

- I've read the many other problem reports related to similar issues, and tried the workarounds (which is how I ended up upgrading the firmware and application)

I am testing this out for commercial use, and concluding that connectivity / software issues may make it a non-starter.  It's a shame, because the images themselves are very useful for our application area.

Thank you for suggestions,

Greg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Fusion Studio 1.4 Beta connection issues on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

[ New ]

Hello, @shipshop. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can assist you with further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to have access to your Fusion camera and your computer so you get assisted as quickly as possible. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Fusion Studio 1.4 Beta connection issues on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5

[ New ]

Hello, @shipshop. It would be best to get in touch with our Support team so they can assist you with further troubleshooting. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to have access to your Fusion camera and your computer so you get assisted as quickly as possible. Thanks!