Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Fusion Corrupted Files or something

GoPro fusion Studio gives "Can't render GF010462.MP4, GP010462.MP4. Some files where not imported. (218)

What I have found out that when I got this error my files does not have the same names and I'm missing the thumbnail-file *.THM, the files name start with GF/GB instead of GPFR/GPBK. Renaming does not work. adding thm-file does not work. Recorded media before and after this files works fine.  The MP4-files works in VLC and Quicktime without any problems so it is just the stitching part left which GoPro Fusion Studio does not allow me to do! 

Front:

GF010462.MP4

GF010462.LRV

Back:

GB010462.MP4

GB010462.LRV

GB010462.WAV

Bellow is the structure of fully working files. We have the *.THM and the names have some other beginning than the corrup files. 

Front:

GPFR0646.LRV

GPFR0646.MP4

GPFR0646.THM

Back:

GPBK0464.THM

GPBK0464.LRV

GPBK0464.MP4

GPBK0464.WAV

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Fusion Corrupted Files or something

Hello @sweetwater73078

This definitely is not the experience that we would like you to have. I see that you have already attempted a firmware upgrade on the camera but with inconsistent results. If a manual update has been tried out as well and the issues still persist, our Support team will be able to help further. Please get in touch with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

some meta-data about the camera.

firmware version: FS1.04.01.60.00
Highlighted
Tourist

I've got exactly the same problem. Recorded 360° in 5K, recording time about 70minutes --> problem. Recording time around 15minutes --> no problem. Any solutions?

Highlighted
Tourist

Just found out: If you're capturing long videos that end up in more than one take due to the file size limitation, you only get one THM-file. Put the first take, which for the back cam starts with "GPBK" and all following parts that start with "GB" into one folder and name it "Back". Accordingly it's "GPFR" and "GF" for the front cam and it goes to the folder "Front". You need to copy any MP4, THM, LRV and WAV file of that movie parts to those folders. The folders "Back" and "Front" then have to be in one main folder themselves. Having done so, chose this main folder in Fusion Studio, and the program will join all the movie parts into one big movie clip.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the exact same problem. This camera cost 800 euros and is a big fail. I have a lots of issues

- shutdown inconsistency

- file import says corrupted (from the fusion OR from the mac)

- firmware upgrade failure, sometimes it take ages and fail

My video files are OK on MP4 (Front & Back) but I cannot use the Fusion software

Come on GO PRO, you should give us our money back cause your camera is the biggest fail ever done. Shame on you

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @sweetwater73078

This definitely is not the experience that we would like you to have. I see that you have already attempted a firmware upgrade on the camera but with inconsistent results. If a manual update has been tried out as well and the issues still persist, our Support team will be able to help further. Please get in touch with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

For me it only happpend once, I still have the raw files stored on my computer but cannot merge them, I haven't figure out a method yet. The firmware have been upgraded since the event. I don't have issues like @floreswebwith the firmware upgrade.

Highlighted
GoPro

toughboost76521, 

About the THM file. Are they missing after the shot or straight out of the camera?

Or is it deleted? 

If it's deleted you can recover it using data recovery tool such as recuva. 

If it's missing on set I suggest to raise concern to GoPro Customer Support. 

The THM file is important to stich those. 

I am personally trying to find a solution. If I could somehow recreate a new THM to make it work. 

Keep us posted. 

Thanks,

-Jay