Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Fusion Battery drains while turned off.

[ New ]

Did factory reset.... then connected to gopro app. And turned off the fusion. But still the wifi makes connection. I do not want to take out the battery.... is there no "hard off" possible with the buttons? This is annoying, if I don't want the battery to drain, I have to turn off wifi, gps and what else.... Then next day, have to turn it all on again.... quite amateurism!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

dit a factory reset, then setup the camera again, and when the fusion is off, it still connects to wifi... and drains the battery when shut down. Is there a total hard off possible?

Tourist

[ New ]

I take out the battery whenever it isn't used. It is quite annoying. Any update for this issue?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mediapix @tomatell

You may reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs 

They will also be asking for your camera's serial number and proof of purchase.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello

Same problem with hero 7 black

regards
Tourist

[ New ]

you say same with black 7, do you also have a remote? That did it for me.... the remote goes into a sleep mode and keep connecting to the camera, which drains the battery, if you turn the remote really off, than the battery in the camera stays full

Hiker

[ New ]
Hello No, without control, it only does it and many users claiming the same. regards