Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Fusion 360 import file issues

I used my gopro fusion 360 on a recent trip.  As the SD cards filled up I dumped them onto the computer.  I used the same file folder that was on the SD card, labeling a parant folder to separate which section of the trip.  When i was able to get an internet connection and download the app and try and find media via the find media selection in the app the file folders show up as blank.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and gone through several google and gopro forum searches to try and figure out the problem.  I cannot figure out why these files will not be identified.  

I have imported filed onto the studio via the fusion direct.  That has seemed to work ok, however, it is not an ideal way for me to upload as I have been informed there is a way files can become corrupt.  

Is there any reason why the files will not be identified by the software, or is there anything i should be doing different?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Fusion 360 import file issues

There's a couple of different things that will have affected this.  When you copy the files onto your PC it's important to use at least two seperate folders.  1 labled "Back" and 1 labled "Front".  The files in each folder have to match up, so if you have a file labled GP0001.mp4 in one folder, you should also have a GP0001.mp4, GP0001.WAV and GP0001.THM in the other folder.  

You have to keep the back and front camera files seperate.

Also there may be another way to select the info you need.  If for example you created the folders C://Fusion/Day25/Breakfast, don't browse to Fusion/Day25/Breakfast in the GoPro Fusion Studio when adding media, instead just browse as far as "C;//Fusion".  It will take longer to assemble your footage but at least it should match up.  

You can find full instructions on working with files using the GoPro Studio App and using the manual method here:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-import-media-into-fusion-studio

Highlighted
Tourist

So in my initial comment i tried to explain that i did exactly what you have said i should do.  I kept the file names and initial folder the same as the import location.  I have watched several tutorials on what it looks like on other computers.  i have done the exact same thing these tutorials do, but my files are non-existant when searching through the add media function of the fusion app.  

has anyone had this issue before? is there  a resolve i am missing?

Highlighted
Nomad

What version of GoPro Fusion Studio are you using?  I found ver 1.3 was quite stable but could miss out on some files now and again, Ver 1.4 was a little less stable but would find all files.