Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Fusion 218 error - Back lens Media is Cut form left side

My fusion worked fine a few days ago and the files stitched perfectly using the fusion studio. But a few days later when trying to stitch new footage the fusion studio gave the error of 218 can't render media and error importing.

I recorded fresh footage next day and still got the same error again.

After inspecting the original media files from the sd cards, the Back lens media files ( all photos and videos) are cut / cropped from the left side. It seems the lens has moved or displaced although there is no lens movement visible whatsoever. There is no sign of physical damage on the outside of the camera and nor has my fusion fallen or taken a hit.

Media files are attached to this section.

This issue is similar from this user - https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/FUSION-STUDIO-WON-T-RECOGNISE-FILES-ERROR-218-AND-FRONT-LENS/...

Please help in any possible way.

GB022820.JPG
Hiker

Re: Fusion 218 error - Back lens Media is Cut form left side

This is the front media file. 

GF022820.JPG
GoPro

Hi @rakishgopro

The error means that the camera's firmware needs to be updated.

Please follow the steps on this link.

Once done, please do some test shots and try to render the files again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Hi, I updated the firmware to 1.80 from beta and from 1.80 to 1.70 and back to 1.80.. Everytime after updating the camera info and WiFi are not available and the back media is the same with crop on left side. I contacted support and a free replacement has been arranged through RMA.
GoPro

Thank you for the update, @rakishgopro. Good to know that your concern has been attended to. We would love to hear back from you once you get the replacement Fusion camera. Best regards!