Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Froze during update

Used my Hero 5 Black and when I downloaded photos it asked me to update.  When I ran update, the camera froze and now will not power on at all.  Any help would be great.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Froze during update

Hi @ambersalmon,

The manual update is a different process is different from updating through Quik. If you follow the link that Jeff provided and select "Update your camera manually" that should help out!

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@ambersalmon - It's likely that the update didn't install completely. Try doing a manual update on the camera's firmware. Hopefully that should resolve this for you.

Instructions are at the bottom of the page at https://gopro.com/update/hero5.

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you. When I use QUIK to update it isn't recognizing that I have my camera connected to the computer....because it's frozen. When I put battery in and insert the card, it does have a red light. But will NOT turn on or be recognized.  Anything else?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @ambersalmon,

The manual update is a different process is different from updating through Quik. If you follow the link that Jeff provided and select "Update your camera manually" that should help out!

Best,

Ryan