Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Freezes after recording

[ Edited ]

I have a Hero 4.  I have not been able to use it very much.  I bought extra batteries.  I charged them all so I can get refresh my memory how it all worked.  This was because I was attendeding my son graduation from Marine Boot camp.  I was so disappointed that when I would record a video the camera seemed to lock up or freeze.  I would have to turn it off and back on.  When I tried to replay it there was only a black screen where the video should be.  Of course nothing would play.  I have used it very little since buying it and now it appears it does not work.  Very disappointed especially not being able to record / document my sons graduation.  

Am I doing something wrong?

Steven W. Jones

***********@gmail.com

********** Cell 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Freezes after recording

[ Edited ]

Hi @stevenj701

I am really sorry about the missed moments. If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used.

To isolate the issue you may test the camera without the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. Here's a list of recommended SD cards.

I also suggest doing a manual software update. This normally resolves freezing issues.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Freezes after recording

[ Edited ]

Hi @stevenj701

I am really sorry about the missed moments. If a camera is freezing up, it is usually an indicator the camera's software needs to be updated or there is potentially an issue with the microSD being used.

To isolate the issue you may test the camera without the SD card and see if the camera still freezes up. If it no longer freezes, then the issue is likely stemming from the SD card. Here's a list of recommended SD cards.

I also suggest doing a manual software update. This normally resolves freezing issues.

Should it still be the same, please reach out to our Support Team to further check on this. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

EJ