Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Freeze screen on GoPro Hero 6

Hi Everyone,

Just updated to the newest firmware and guess what.  My freezing problem on Superview is now gone.  No new card, no new camera.  All it needed was a software update.  I am now glad I did not send the camera in for repair, as it seems there is nothing wrong with it, and it was a software bug all along.  

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Hiker

awesome i have upgrated the new firmware couple of days ago as well will see what will happen did not test it yet except a bit at home and it was fine, i hope it will stay this way
Highlighted
Tourist

my "froze constantly when attempting playback", but usually when there are movies recorded with HEVC.
Highlighted
Tourist

@danielr15 wrote:
Sony tends to overheat, my Samsung Galaxy S7 won't play all the apps I want, my car GPS told me to go down a street that wasn't there, my surfboard got a pressure ding, my McDonald's coffee was too hot, my dog dug up the flowers again, my computer takes too long to render my 4K video, the lights on my street are out of sync (why can't they just all stay green for me!?), The Gas Co only takes checks and not debit cards, the DMV line is too long, my microwaved frozen burrito was too hot at the ends and frozen in the middle, there is a delay when my camera saves several pictures in a row and occasionally I get a freeze! Waaaaa!

BTW, I have gotten the occasional freeze. Holding down the side mode/power button for about 12 seconds and then releasing solves it for me. While holding down the power button you don't get a response but when you let go the camera shuts down. You don't need to pull the battery, just power back on.

"Holding down the side mode/power button for about 12 seconds and then releasing solves it for me." <- You are lucky man - you find new, very interesting game... lol

Highlighted
Adventurer

@stoutpike71523 wrote:

@danielr15 wrote:
Sony tends to overheat, my Samsung Galaxy S7 won't play all the apps I want, my car GPS told me to go down a street that wasn't there, my surfboard got a pressure ding, my McDonald's coffee was too hot, my dog dug up the flowers again, my computer takes too long to render my 4K video, the lights on my street are out of sync (why can't they just all stay green for me!?), The Gas Co only takes checks and not debit cards, the DMV line is too long, my microwaved frozen burrito was too hot at the ends and frozen in the middle, there is a delay when my camera saves several pictures in a row and occasionally I get a freeze! Waaaaa!

BTW, I have gotten the occasional freeze. Holding down the side mode/power button for about 12 seconds and then releasing solves it for me. While holding down the power button you don't get a response but when you let go the camera shuts down. You don't need to pull the battery, just power back on.

"Holding down the side mode/power button for about 12 seconds and then releasing solves it for me." <- You are lucky man - you find new, very interesting game... lol

DMV no longer has lines they call by appointments..  

Highlighted
Explorer

#1 I haven't had a freeze for months. Latest update fixed all issues for me.

#2 Plenty of lines at the DMV here in California, even with appointments 😝
Highlighted
Adventurer

Only freeze I see happening is a brain freeze called Slupries.

Highlighted
Tourist

My camera always; froze constantly, when attempting playback any HEVC file on it - What do you think guys?  Is my camera broken? Should I give it back to the shop or wait for software update (now I have version 02.01). I've tried 2 Samsung's Cards  - pro versions 64 GB  (UHS 1 and UHS 3), now I've buy SanDisk 64GB Extreme V30 A1 (SDSQXAF ...) and result is still the same : Always; froze constantly, when attempting playback any HEVC file.