Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Freeze screen on GoPro Hero 6

i have formated the sd card in the computer as well in the camera and i do that evry time i upload contend from the card full format, the content is glitchy in viewing mode once edited it seems to work ok just the problem that camera will freeze completly once in a while to the point where the battery has to be removed.  I use 34GB and 63 GB Lexar and Sundisc

Highlighted
Hiker

Don't forget to leave 1-star reviews on Amazon. GoPro is not addressing the issue. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Mine did the exact same thing and now I have no videos from my recent ski trip. I am really bummed. I can hear the sound of me skiing but the picture is frozen. I spent so much money on this camera and accesories and I would have been better off using my iPhone. Memories are gone forever. This camera has been having different issues sine I got it. Screen also blacks out and camera locks up. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Purchased first Hero 6 at BestBuy. The camera froze constantly and was unusable; could not even update it. Exchanged it at BestBuy. Second Hero 6 stayed unfrozen long enough to update, but froze constantly when attempting playback. Verified correct sd cards with GoPro tech support. GoPro issued and RMA and I mailed it in for a "factory tested" Hero 6. This Hero 6, my third, also freezes on playback, all buttons inoperative, must pull battery to reboot. That gets really old, especially on top of a mountain in sub-zero weather. What a POS. Life would be better having never purchased one.

Highlighted
Tourist

Can only agree with you, should never have bought my Hero 6. If buying a cheap camera this would not be surprising but for an expensive camera like Hero 6 this should not happen. They sould take back all cameras!!!

Highlighted
Hiker

Don't forget to leave 1-star reviews on Amazon. GoPro is not addressing the issue. 

Highlighted
Explorer

The only verified SD cards are SanDisk Extreme v30 SanDisk Extreme Plus v30 and SanDisk Exteme Pro v30. If it doesn't have v30 written on the card it is not the correct SD card.

Mine, and the cameras of many others who have posted on this site, does not have issues. So no, they shouldn't take back all cameras!!!
Highlighted
Tourist

don't agree. I have a SD extreme plus v30 and my camera hangs...