Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Freeze screen on GoPro Hero 6

Are you using the same SD card?  What card is it (make/model/size)? Have you tried different SD cards?  Finally, are you on the latest update?  Have you tried a manual update?

Highlighted
Tourist

Card = sandisk extreme 64
I updated the software first thing upon opening
Don't know what a "manual update" is

Highlighted
Explorer

Manual update can be found here https://gopro.com/update/hero6
You'll need to use your computer and an SD card adapter. Choose, "Update your camera manually"

Is the SD card the same as you were having issues with the other camera? It's possible there is an issue with that particular card. Do a full (not Quick) format of the card in your computer. Download and install the manual update. Once done, go to preferences on the camera and scroll down to format. Format the card in the camera. Be sure when you format in your computer you choose exFAT.

If you still have issues, try a different card that has been formatted.
Highlighted
Hiker

I just have bought the new Gopro hero 6 Black 3 days ago updated to latest firmware and took it for a test Gopro is freezin in all the modes with different Brand name cards Lexar and Sundisk no difference I am furious $600.00 spend for camera dthat does not work Ill be calling gopro on Monday if there is a fix if not it is going back to the store

Highlighted
Tourist

What’s the preferred “specs” for the micro SD card?
Highlighted
Explorer

You want a card with a fast write speed. Most cards advertise the read speed, but this has little value for camera recording compatibility. SanDisk Extreme (Plus & Pro) v30 are recommended. 32GB - 64GB are more reliable than 128GB.

I personally use Samsung Pro and Lexar 1000X although they are not on the tested to work list.

You want to format the card in the camera regularly and occasionally do a FULL format in your computer. Do not store/delete individual files from the card. Always clear the card by performing a format in the camera before starting a shoot. Offload the media from the card when you are done.

Always keep your camera on the latest firmware update. If you have issues, preform a manual update using an adapter and your computer.
Highlighted
Tourist

Also my gopro 6 hangs frequently and I’ll go back to the store and hope they will take it back because it’s a piece of sh-t
Highlighted
Hiker

i did all that its not my first gopro lol