Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Freeze screen on GoPro Hero 6

Same here. Switching from video to photo mode will freeze my hero6.

But i found out if in turn the autorotate mode from auto to down. The freeze issue disappear
Highlighted
Hiker

NLGNathan

You are awesome dude!!!  It worked for me too!  It totally solved my Superview freezing.  Superview works even in my slow "incompatible" cards now.

This proves that it is a software issue.  GO PRO are you listening.  Fix this in the next Firmware!

At least now I do not need to send the camera in.  Many thanks for posting this solve!!

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Tourist

But i worry if the position sensor (gyro or accelerometer i dont know lol) maybe broken?

I want to bring it to service center tomorrow. When your problem start? After firmware update?
Highlighted
Hiker

Mine seems to be working fine.  Even with the freezing issues, the GPS and telemetry data works fine.

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Hiker

My freezing probelm started after updating to Firmware 1.51

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Explorer

Does the orientation setting have to be down or does up work on your camera? I ask because I keep my cameras with the orientation on UP and I don't use auto rotate. This might be why I haven't seen this issue.
Highlighted
Hiker

No. Only "down" works.

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Tourist

I just purchased my gopro a few days ago and already having the same issues. it has frozen twice on me today, and once on two other occasions. I have owned for less than a week and already having issues... to top it off, customer service is clearly overseas, and has limited hours of contact, and no email support? Highly considering returning this product and never purchasing from go pro again. Seriously not happy with my purchase at this moment.