Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Freeze screen on GoPro Hero 6

[ Edited ]

It freezes on all superview modes.  Even non  protune 30k 1080p.  It is not the card.

And it worked before I updated from 1.00 to 1.51.  

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Hiker

The cameras send/return was very fast. In 6 days I send my broken GoPro, for free, by UPS and received the new one.

Cheers

Highlighted
Hiker

I live on an Island off Europe.  There is no UPS here, so I need to send it by normal post.  That will take 14 days average to get to Holland.

Then it will take 14 days to get here.  In between that they will take 5-14 days to check the Camera.  So maybe even 6 Weeks without the cam.

So the lesson to be learned: Do not buy a Go Pro product when you do not live on Mainland Europe and expect any decent solution to a warranty issue.

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Explorer

SD cards do matter. Always be sure to do a FULL (not quick) format in your computer when having issues. Also, cards can go bad so always try a second card if you can.

If you're having issues format the card and run the manual update, even if you're on the latest firmware. Once completed, reset the camera under the preference menu. Remove both the battery and SD card. Hold down the power/menu button for 30 seconds. Insert the SD card followed by the battery. Connect via the app, scroll down and select, "Delete all files from SD card". Above that you'll see Date/Time. Press on it to set the date/time.

A SD card with a fast write speed is very important. The larger the storage capacity the more performance degrades and chances of errors increases. Because of this, it's best to use a 16-32GB high performance card that is new or fully formatted for testing. 64GB can also be used but is not preferred for testing. 128GB cards should be avoided if possible.

That being said, it's important to not confuse bits and Bytes. Eight bits make a Byte.
Highlighted
Hiker

Hi Daniel.

None of that works. Additionally since the update I cannot connect to the Go Pro app anymore either. Also manual update wont work anymore. The update just wont start.
Highlighted
Hiker

Just bought a Pro Plus Card with 90 MB/s write speed. Recorded once. Then on the second one it frooze and keep freezing.  It is funny.  A new card lets you record once, then it will crash every time after that.

It has to be a firmware issure

--

Gunnar 

Highlighted
Explorer

There must be an issue with the camera. I know it was working before the firmware, but I just spent a full day filming yesterday and filed two Samsung Pro+ 64GB cards and had no issues filming in various resolutions, frame rates, and FOV.
Highlighted
Nomad

I agree, not a firmware issue but an issue with your camera. Get it replaced.