Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Freeze screen on GoPro Hero 6

Also here freezes when switching modes, and same iso as hero 5, the hero 6 have more grainy footage.
What I’m most afraid is what if camera freezes when is on Karma drone up in the air???? I have Karma drone, afraid to use it.. :(
Highlighted
Tourist

I have had the Hero 6 for 3 weeks now.  From the beginning it was freezing after about 15 minutes of recording 1080P footage.  I'm using a brand new San Disk Extreme V30 128GB as recommended by GoPro.  The camera seems to get very warm and maybe it's overheating...  The only way to fix it is to pull the battery and restart the camera...  I also noticed a flash of green show up randomly on the LCD screen.  

Another issue is the camera says LOW BATTERY 0% eventhough I charged the battery overnight.  It does that on every battery i've tried. I turn off the camera and restart it; the battery warning dissapears and says 100%

Highlighted
Hiker

I have the same issue.

With any "Superview" mode the camera freezes with black screen and no camera response. I have to remove the battery to reset it.

Have you notice any more issue?

Any solution? Is a firmware issue?

Thanks

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Just updated to firmware 1.6.  It has not solved the issue :-( It still freezes on all superview modes.

Go Pro please sort this out!

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Nomad

I have not had this issue on any of the firmwares, and for that reason I'm not sure it's something GoPro can fix.

It sounds like either:

a) your sd card is not fast enough (I use the new sandisk extreme plus).

b) You have a defective unit

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi!!!

Finally, I had to chat with a GoPro's technical support agent and I had to send my GoPro Hero 6 to European GoPro Technical Service in Holland. They send me a new GoPro Hero 6 that, at the moment, works well in all modes.

Cheers

Highlighted
Hiker

I have am using SanDisk Extreme SDXC V30 cards.  They are what  GoPro recommends.  They are fast enough.

I am sure the unit is defective now, but I cannot afford to send the Camera to Go Pro and be wihtout the cam for more than a month.  I have video projects to do.

--

Gunnar

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Gunmar be a little careful with that card. If it isn't the plus or pro model then it MAY not be fast enough for some of the higher frame rates or 4k. I say this because I believe the 4k 60fps on the Hero6 shoots at around 80mbps with protune on, that means you need a card that can write at greater speeds than 80mbps. I'm fairly sure your card is limited to around 65mbps (that's write not read). This might be your problem. The extreme plus edition I have can write up to 90mbps. That doesn't explain why gopro would say that card is ok on their list though. I suggest you buy the new extreme plus, test and see if you get the issue. If you don't then you know it was your card, if you do just return it and you know it's the camera.