Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Format SD Card in Hero 7 Black

How can I format my SD card in the hero 7 black? I could in the hero 5 but cant find the option in the 7.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Format SD Card in Hero 7 Black

swipe down on the preview screen, press preferences, scroll down to the bottom & press reset & its in there

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

swipe down on the preview screen, press preferences, scroll down to the bottom & press reset & its in there

Highlighted
Hiker

Sweet thank you!
Highlighted
Hiker

@duanem8 wrote:

Won't that reset all my settings?  Or is there a new screen regarding format card?

Highlighted
Explorer

@drdimento
I find this really annoying that GoPro put a second menu behind the reset option, and it's on this second menu where you find the ability to format the SD card. Your response is exactly what concerns me the most (not that I have a problem with your response, but rather that the menu setup causes this confusion).

Yes, technically you are "resetting" the table on the SD card when you format, so yes, being in the reset menu does make sense because of this. However, formatting the card in camera before doing a shoot is the best way to get optimal performance from the camera. IMO, there should be a dedicated menu selection, AT THE TOP of the menu, specifically for formatting the SD card.

Anyway, to answer your question with less rambling....No, it will not reset all your settings, and yes, there is a new screen regarding format card :)
Highlighted
Adventurer

I ind it more organised and set up to where if you wanted to find whatto reset correctly.  I also see that it frees up the clutter of scrolling a longer page to find things, I wished they put it in a color or badge form that would make iteasier to hit than accedentally  press the  wrong one's.  if asked.  Yep whatweall did look to see where thesettings and preferences were at some easy to see and find others difficult to look for ...