Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Fog on camera screen

[ New ]

Would like to return my hero 9 for a new one as it has a serious issue with fog on the camera screen. This is a new camera and I can't work out where this fog is coming from but ther hero 8 I had never had any kind of issue like this. The part must be faulty and I assume is covered under warrenty? 

Many thanks 

Ed

gp3.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Fog on camera screen

[ New ]

Hi @boldsummit45502

Do you still have traces of fogging on the camera?

If you haven't yet, you may also check the information on Lens Fogging

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@braveflame4878, when you get a chance, please reach out to GoPro customer support at gopro.com/help/ContactUs so we can assist you further.

We'd like to gather a few more details for our reference. Is this the first time you experienced the problem with your camera's front screen? What was the weather condition during the time of use? What are the video resolution and settings used? Was the camera heating up as well? What's the microSD card used?

Thank you.

Tourist

Re: Fog on lens and front screen

[ New ]

Same problem here.

New GoPro 9. First time I used it I took it diving in the UW housing and it came out with a foggy screen and mini droplets inside the lens. Unfortunately they also show on the footage. The housing sealed and was dry.

It happens every time and it shows up after the camera has been running for a while, prob. getting warm = condensation, I get it, but that never happened with any other gopro I used.

I do not think this is something storing with silicone sachets will solve, that is a faulty product.

Used shooting 5k, 24 frames. SD card ScanDiskExtreme 32 GB, the one that came with the camera.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

Julia

259555e7-38a3-4bb1-b0bc-38f0ab860b1d.jpg
GoPro

Re: Fog on lens and front screen

[ New ]

Hello, @juliag527. Were the droplets/fog on the actual lens or the Protective Lens? If on the latter, remove the Protective Lens and open the battery door in a low-humidity environment (ensure the camera lens is safe during this time). Once traces of fogging or the droplets have cleared, simply re-attach the Protective Lens. 

If this frequently happens see if there is any damage to the sealing on the Protective Lens. If it is the case, the lens may need to be replaced. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi, mine has exactly the same issue ! Didn't take pictures at the time because I had no phone with me. I bought my camera two weeks ago and I have been using it with with a waterproof case. The last time when I took it out was exactly the same. Front screen and lens with fog and humidity inside. Possible defect ?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @boldsummit45502

Do you still have traces of fogging on the camera?

If you haven't yet, you may also check the information on Lens Fogging

Thanks!

Ej