Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Flickering screen on brand new Hero 7 Black

So I have just taken my brand new GoPro out the box. I have inserted the battery and SD card and the screen is flickering badly. I have tried to solve this with no luck. Does this man the camera is faulty?
Explorer

Re: Flickering screen on brand new Hero 7 Black

It depends. Where do you live, are you seeing this under artificial light (indoors vs outside in sunlight), and is your camera set to PAL or NTSC?
Adventurer

Flourecents, and Neon signs cause Flickering, the transformers  throw a frequency.  All this has been improved over the Years that Pal/NTS are really not needed anymore.  but you'll  notice it on dashboards of cars and led lights out there.  Can you post a video up so we can better  understand and  offer a better opinion

Pal and NTS are fading out today.

GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @fastpike88786. Is this happening on the video playback only? Or is this also visible on the preview screen? Try switching the video format of the camera to PAL and NTSC to see if it will make any difference. 

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Sightseer

I bought today a Gopro hero 7 Black Withe edition and turn on at night. I want to put in the trash. Is inposible reford ar night. Is urgent add a shutter speed of 1/100 in every camera that shutter speed eliminate the flickering. 1/100 for protune option. PLEASE GO PRO PROGRAMERS believe me. That is the solution
Explorer

1/100 shutter? For night? That would be too fast.

If you are getting flickering, you are probably in the wrong region. Are you using PAL or NTSC? Where are you located?
Sightseer

Hi. Yes I know is too fast. I am in Chile. We use NTSC but the Hz in the AC is 50hz so always have flickering. I need to switch Pal But later need to convert to NTSC. That is the problem.
Sightseer

By the way. Thanks for the answer.