Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Fix Audio or Give Refunds

How many more videos will I and others have to make before GoPro responds?  How are you going to remedy this issue?

Adventurer

I do not defend gopro or do I agree at times. I speak my mind.   but contact support with your video . many here only care for their help to be answered.

Adventurer

@timj543 wrote:

How many more videos will I and others have to make before GoPro responds?  How are you going to remedy this issue?

I watch CHina-Non stop on youtube he has that type of pole, he  turns it and   the sound is  normal for kim.    you need to play with each setting auto  wind and stereo,.  Maybe  using some     wax not tape and covering one of each mic til lyou find that culprit.

Hiker

Is GoPro ignoring the problem?  I still haven't seen a reply from GoPro moderators about this issue.  I will be going to the Overland Expo West in a few weeks.  GoPro cameras are one of the tools we use when vlogging and filming new gear or vehicles, but if the audio is ruined every time we touch or move the pole, then we will have to use a different camera.  Come on GoPro... how are you going to make this right?  Here is another example showing the issue.

Tourist

timj543 -- I understand your complaint. Not to deminish your concern, but I think it comes down to this -- its the nature of the beast.

I have two Nikon DSLR cameras. When I mount either one on a desk tripod or a hand-held monopod, they pick up the noise/handling vibrations from the mount. I have talked to experienced photographers who have other brands of cameras and they mostly say the same thing.

The vibrations travel through the mount, into the body of the camera and are picked up by the built-in microphone. It is more noticeable in a quiet environment like the one your recorded your video in. The best way to avoid that is to get an external mic.

Sightseer

I agree, get it sorted gopro with software or firmware update, maybe have an option to turn sensitivity down on mics when using a hand held mount for vlogging//talking etc??  or refund us all. Its everywhere i look people complaining about this issue and trying workarounds we shouldnt have to be looking for audio "workarounds" on a camera costing £4oo.

Come on gopro get a grip (no pun intended ) and get it sorted PLZ. Pleople are even drilling out the skeleton case that comes with the camera as the holes in the case dont even match up with the cameras holes ffs...

Please let us know that you have heard our complaints and trying to address the audio problem.

Highlighted
Hiker

my Hero5 black went back to the store and I got my money back.. 430 euros for a cam that doesnt record sound ... and no GoPro employee bothers to make any statement about this within the GoPro official forum... well well  (I started a similar thread weeks ago and timj was kind enough to add a video, I am just here to start another thread about the session5 which I still have.. because protune worked on the black.. but on the session..puuu .. well, different thread)

Adventurer

With well over 700K sold gopros this quater, yeah they can  take a few back and refund, after the Epiration date.   Offer you a one time 2-day offer  

Pay shipping, insurance  and restocking fee.  Would you byte