Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

First-time uploading. Confused.

[ New ]

First time uploading my videos to the cloud with my GP8. Instructions seem out of date. Thought this would be super easy!

Help!

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: First-time uploading. Confused.

[ New ]
There is 2 ways of doing it

1) let the camera be connected to your phone and it will start to upload the footage to the cloud automatically

2) plug the camera straight into the mains socket and there will be an option in the camera settings to start uploading manually but it will do it anyway

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

[ New ]
On the app make sure auto upload is enabled. It will then do it for you and make sure you tick the box that says you can use cell data too
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply. I turned on "Mobile Upload" and "Use Cellular Data" in my app on the iPhone 8. When I check Auto Upload Status, nothing is uploading. There is nothing yet in my GP Cloud Media as viewed with my browser. The app is connected to the GPHero8Black via its wifi. As I understand it, the video currently lives on the MicroSD card in the GoPro. Does it need to pass to the phone and then up to the cloud? I'd like to have the GP send videos and other media straight up to the cloud, with or without app control. Or at least, tell the GP to send it up via the app. Am I missing something?

Nomad

[ New ]
There is 2 ways of doing it

1) let the camera be connected to your phone and it will start to upload the footage to the cloud automatically

2) plug the camera straight into the mains socket and there will be an option in the camera settings to start uploading manually but it will do it anyway
Tourist

[ New ]

Ok I'm in business. Looks like the issue was that the camera needed a software update. It wanted that before doing anything else. WIth that done, upload options appeared where I would expect them. On my way!

Thanks much for the help!

Nomad

[ New ]
Brilliant awesome to hear 😊 literally just got my first ever gopro too a few days ago so I'm still learning the ropes. Oh.. and another thing... if your go pro won't connect to the pc (it won't show up as connected on pc) then go on the camera settings to connections and select MTP and it will connect 100% to the pc then. Hope that helps 😊👍
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm still having difficulties with uploading. I only have a few short videos, and it seems to take forever. Only one of my 11 videos has made it to the cloud. I know it's probably an issue with internet upload speed, but I've tried now on three different wifi locations, with very spotty results in all locations. A few more questions:

• When I connect to the GP with my app (iPhone or iPad), it makes a wifi connection to the GP. Can the GP then have two wifi connections: one to the app and one to the internet? Or does the data pass through the phone/pad to the internet?
  • In the absence of a phone/pad app telling the GP to upload videos to the cloud, should it happen automatically if there is a recognized wifi network? I would think that's what "auto upload" means, but so far I haven't seen it work like that.
  • Does the GP need to be plugged into wall power to auto upload?
  • Is there a place on the GP where upload progress is monitored, either on the app or on the GP?  When I go to Cam Connection/Manage Auto Upload on the app, I just get the Auto Upload slider and the wifi selector. No progress indications. I've seen progress indicated on the back screen of the GP, but it only shows up when it wants to. I haven't figured out how to navigate there on my own.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @loyalsummi8401

Once set up, the camera needs to be plugged in to initiate the Auto-Upload.

Check out How to Set Up Auto Upload with GoPro Plus

If you turn the Mobile Upload option on, it will sync the files saved on your app Media to the cloud.

See GoPro Subscription - Mobile Upload 

You may check the upload status through Manage Upload Page in Media Library 

Thanks!

Ej