Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

First time setup gopro 8

[ New ]

I was setting up my first time go pro 8 but i notice after charging my batery for 4 hours it drain to 56% while setting up the go pro? is that normal? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: First time setup gopro 8

[ New ]

To turn down the brightness, go into your preferences by swiping down and clicking Preferences. Then, scroll down to Touch Screen and click on that. The Brightness setting is in there.

For the battery power levels though, if you use the camera a few times and recharge the battery, the camera will calibrate it and get truer power ratings.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

[ New ]

need to turn your brightness down at least 50%, then recharge the battery at least a few times then  as we go through it the bat drop will be less then quick its normal to lose power , when things are on a flourecent screen if its tft lit.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for ur help but how do I do it? I google it and find the right answer.

i really appreciated 

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

To turn down the brightness, go into your preferences by swiping down and clicking Preferences. Then, scroll down to Touch Screen and click on that. The Brightness setting is in there.

For the battery power levels though, if you use the camera a few times and recharge the battery, the camera will calibrate it and get truer power ratings.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you and I found the brightness and drop it to 50% my battery was a 26% about an 30 min ago now is a 5% I will recharge and see what happen tomorrow bcos I just took a 10 second video and 2 pics to play around with it and learn how to use this pro for my trip in 6 weeks.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi i have recharge the battery but still draining fast day by day drops 15 to 20% down even when i use to take 2 videos or 3 pics to see how it works battery drain faster then my new iphone.. i just feel something isn't right after recharing the battery 4 times.. 

any help will be gladly appreacited.. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

as you learn the camera it will work out