Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

First impressions with the battery life of my new GoPro Hero 7 Black!

[ Edited ]

Just got my GoPro Hero 7 yesterday from the mail and first thing I checked was battery life after reading tons of "issues" here not able to fully charge to 100% , stuck at 98% yada yada.... mine seems to be stable so far and achieved 100% in one initial charge! Yipeee! Smiley Very Happy

• I booted up my GoPro when I went home at around 10:30PM, did a 'sync' with the GoPro App on my Samsung S9 + and saw that my battery went down from 3% to 1% .. no biggie.. i was pressing some settings anyway.. 
  • After properly syncing ,  I used my Xiaomi portable charger to charge it up. 
  • Turned off the GoPro 7 and charged it at 10:30 PM then binged watch in Netflix and while checking the progress of batt from time to time.
  • Checked it at 12mn ++ and it charged up to 100%. Im so00ooo relieved!

I woke up at arounf 7:00 AM today, booted up my GoPro and saw that it went down to 98%!  So I guess I'm the few people here that does not have any issue? Smiley Wink

Things to note:

1. It does not have any SDCard yet (still yet so ship)

2. No update of firmware done at all.

3. GPS is off

4. Voice command off

5. Wireless is ON

I did notice though that it experience a minor glitch which was similar to my old GoPro Hero 5 that it WON'T turn off sometimes... I need to do it twice before it beeped and turning off. 

I will keep on updating this thread.