Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Firmware update with gain control

Hi all,

I've recently acquired a GoPro Hero 5 Session just to find out the disappointing audio quality. All my recordings (indoor and outdoor) are filled with static or white noise. Initially I thought it was a problem in my unit but after checking online, I found lot of people complaining about the same thing. By the way, I'm running the latest firmware update and I already tried with different SD cards as well as disabling the WiFi and the voice commands but the problem persists.

I guess the problem is originated by a very agressive gain setting, and probably there is a reason for this (enhance the outdoor records, improve the voice commands effectivity, etc). I was wondering if GoPro could release some kind of feature in the next firmware update to configure the gain (gain control) or, at least, provide 2 or 3 different presets with different settings (studio, indoor, outdoor).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Guillem

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Firmware update with gain control

WE love to hear a sample. I find the gopro Hero 5 Session to have  if not better audio then the Hero 5 Black,  The Hero 4  Session and Hero 5 Session side by side   would be interesting to hear as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Firmware update with gain control

Hi fishycomics,

Unfortunatelly I don't have a Hero 4 Session to compare with. Please, check this sample links:

Quiet room: https://youtu.be/6DEgePQ0m78

Same room, covered by a blanket: https://youtu.be/kE2yRWJCBFo

Kind regards,

Guillem

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.