Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Firmware update idea - using mode selection to enable pairing of GoPro phone app

[ New ]

Just putting this out there for thoughts but having recently dealt with a friends old Hero 5 that's rear screen had died (yeah that classic issue), it would be great if for the Hero series 5 to 9 (i.e. the ones that didn't have dedicated wifi buttons), that GoPro rolled out a firmware update that allowed you to use the button (mode) commands only to put the camera into Pairing mode (to connect with the gopro app). i.e. for when the back screen is dead and you have no way to set pairing mode anymore.

Just an extra menu setting you can get to when scrolling through the modes using the LCD. You could have 4 modes instead of three, video, photo, time and pairing. It would suddenly give a lot of old GoPros a new lease of life.

LCDmodes.jpg

What do you guys think? ...and please GoPro, can you think about doing this? I wouldn't think it would take much in the way of coding resources to impliment it.

GoPro

Re: Firmware update idea - using mode selection to enable pairing of GoPro phone app

[ New ]

Hi @heroiclift5725

Thank you for the feedback.

We'll have this shared with the team.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Re: Firmware update idea - using mode selection to enable pairing of GoPro phone app

[ New ]

Thanks for passing that on EJ, its much appreciated :)

Nomad

[ New ]

Please fix what you have before you worry about features.. I would like to be able to use my H9 this year before the H10 is released.. Its sitting on the shelf waiting for a fix that makes it usable..

Backpacker

[ New ]

Well since all you said was that it's waiting on a "Fix" I'm sure GoPro will hire the services of many psychics to try and figure out what the issue is.......

..... or you could just describe the issue you are having with your camera and maybe then someone can help.