Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Firmware Update

[ New ]

Hi there,

Bought a new GoPro 9 Black and just arrived today. Connecting the GoPro to the Apps and required FW update.

Following the instructions to begin the setup, it takes more than two hours to spin on the "Updating in progress" on the app and "Loading..." on the camera. May i know what should I do now to keep the camera working again? How long will it take to complete the FW updates?

Thanks

Slong

Screenshot_2021-07-02-17-12-05-448_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
Tourist

Re: Firmware Update

[ New ]

Also adding the screenshot on the GoPro camera for your reference.

IMG_20210702_171452.jpg
Nomad

[ New ]

Took me less than 1 minute to update camera.

I did it manually with download file on SD card.

GoPro

[ New ]

@slongooi, if the Over the Air (OTA) update fails to install, this may be due to either a wireless connectivity issue or the mobile device itself. Try to unpair the camera with your mobile device and pair the two devices again, then attempt to install the update one more time. You can also try using a different device. 

If you continue to get the same problem with the wireless update, using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aenriquez ,

Thanks for the quick response, I manage to upgrade the FW without any issue after I change the language from English to Chinese on the GoPro 9.

Not sure if I'm right, probably there is some compatibility issue when I'm connecting the phone (Phone in the Chinese language version) to the GoPro (In the English language version). The upgrading process completed successfully for the third time after resetting the GoPro to the Chinese language version. The entire upgrading process took around 2 mins to complete without any problem.

Anyway, really thanks for the assist and I truly appreciate the help from you, wish you have a nice weekend.

Thanks

Slong

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for posting back with the info, @slongooi. Let us know if anything else comes up.