Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Files won't upload in GoPro App from GP4 Silver for Apple

I've tried to upload new footage I shot by hand with my steadicam, but neither my 2019 Apple desktop, 2015 Apple laptop nor the 2020 updated GP app will recognize the files existing!

Worse, both computers won't acknowledge there's a camera plugged in to either of them.

I don't have an SD card reader adapter to put the micro in to try and update the camera's software, so what do I do? I need to get these clips off for a project I've been commissioned for!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Files won't upload in GoPro App from GP4 Silver for Apple

Hello, @spryhill2040. The troubleshooting steps detailed in the links below might help. 

Alternatively, you may also check if the GoPro files will be detected using other programs that can view and edit your footage. 

You may also use the GoPro App for mobile to import the footage from the camera to the app on your phone, and from your phone to your computer if the files need to be saved on the computer. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Files won't upload in GoPro App from GP4 Silver for Apple

None of this will work. As I said, two computers 5 to 6 years apart in age don’t recognize the camera being plugged in, despite the fact that as far back as 2018 it did. Even the mobile app will not recognize any new files, but will allow new footage to be shot through the remote feature. All the footage was shot in 1080.
It seems the only way I may be able to even pull the files at this point is using an SD card reader which I will now have to order from online.