Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

File time stamp on Hero5

No, NOT something on the video image itself!

When I look at the GoPro file Properties I see a time that is about 30 minutes later than the start of the video. Is the stamp when the video ended?

I'm using the video to intergrate with a automotive data acquisiton system that uses GPS (car racing). The data system's run file has a time stamp as well, but even though both the data system and the camera are switched on withing seconds of one another, the time stamps are different by many minutes. This is causing issues for intergration of the video and data.

Help!

GoPro

Re: File time stamp on Hero5

Hello @stoutflame62332

Thank you for reaching out​​​. Where do you check the file properties? I did a trial with a recording through a HERO5 Black camera and checked the file properties via Quik for desktop, and the GoPro App. The time created information coincides with the time that the file was saved in the device, and not the time when the actual recording started or was initiated. For instance, the recording that began 8:01 am has a time stamp of 8:33 am for create date and this is when the file was imported to the computer via Quik for desktop. Is this comparable to the difference between the time of actual recording and the time stamp that you observe on your end?

Thanks, 
Marius 

Tourist

mariustanya, I check the file properties by simply right-clicking on the file. But  yes, what you observed is about what we have observed. GpPro Hero5 is supposed to integrate with our data aquisition system (Race Technology, RT). When we import a GoPro file into the RT analysis software, choosing "Automatically gopro video file based on the time and date from the memory card" we get the message ""Can't find any video files with matching time so the first one from the memory card has been loaded."

And we are not using a memory card. 

I know this is a RT message, but the whole idea behind spending the money on the GoPro (we have 4 Contour cameras) was to make this easier. Now it looks like it was money wasted.

GoPro

I see how it is important to get the correct time information on the imported GoPro media, @stoutflame62332. I will forward this observation/issue to the team for further check. I will keep you posted on this thread. 

Thanks, 
Marius