Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

File segment suffix needed

I'm used to the files being segmented in sections for longer recording times. But there is no suffix to show groups video clips. I can look at time stamps, but that can get tricky when different videos start and stop closer together. Also a pain when there is no preview on the computer when looking through files and trying to sort.

Also, the phone app is great for when on the go (but really not on the go much at the moment due to the state of the world), but at home I want the larger screen of my desktop. This is one of the main reasons I want suffix or a file naming convention that makes it easier to find groups of segmented videos.

GoPro Max with Windows 10

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: File segment suffix needed

Hi @boneracing

Check out GoPro Camera File Naming Convention for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 

Thanks for the link and that helps a little. But when looking at file names in the computer, the file name is what gets sorted first, so the chapter number is the first thing to be sorted smallest to largest. All the files are out of order. I have to sort by Created date (earliest to latest) to get the files grouped in the order they were shot.

Just signed up for GoPro Plus and auto upload is turning out to a pain and extremely slow. Yes I'm looking up as much help as I can on the GoPro website and Youtube, but it's not extremely clear anywhere.

Also waiting for a Windows 10 editor. (already signed up for the FB Beta trial, waiting on a reply) 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boneracing

Here are some related articles for Auto Upload.

You may also try a test upload via gopro.com/login

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej