Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

File recovery

[ New ]
My boyfriend went to Spain a year ago with a GoPro 5 and captured all this amazing footage, but his baggage (with the go pro) was lost at the airport. This Christmas I surprised him with a GoPro 7, and when he downloaded the app again all the footage he thought he’d lost was on the home page despite him now owning a completely different phone. When he clicked ‘update’ to the new GoPro all footage disappeared and now is not registering either of his emails as being connected to an account. Seeing his old footage has made him determined to get it back, my question is is that a possibility?? And if not, does anyone know why it appeared then?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro Community Manager

Re: File recovery

[ New ]

@hardyflare00720 - Was he seeing the old content in his media on his Quik for Desktop screen? If so, it's likely that he's uploaded it to his cloud storage. It's possible that he just let his subscription to GoPro PLUS lapse. If he reactivates his subscription, he should be able to download and save anything that is in his PLUS cloud account.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro Community Manager

Re: File recovery

[ New ]

@hardyflare00720 - Was he seeing the old content in his media on his Quik for Desktop screen? If so, it's likely that he's uploaded it to his cloud storage. It's possible that he just let his subscription to GoPro PLUS lapse. If he reactivates his subscription, he should be able to download and save anything that is in his PLUS cloud account.