01-02-2019 08:47 AM - edited 01-02-2019 08:49 AM
I am new on here but not too the GoPro cameras. just of late nine months or so, I have found on looking at my video or stills on my Micro cards, each file seems to have multiple copies of the same video/still files, how come, is there something telling my cameras to copy each file. I spend hours sorting through the files only find that the file has been copied again. Help! PS, not just my new Hero 7 Black.
01-02-2019 10:06 AM - edited 01-02-2019 10:09 AM
for still images, thete is only one file...JPG
for a video GX010282
- there is a LRV - low resolution video (in your example in the one with the red cat icon) - this is used by mobile phone (GoPro app) to preview the video over (the limited bandwith) WiFi connection - can be opened with WindowsMediaPlayer ...
...this file is not recorded for video shoot in 4K HEVC...
- the MP4 - this is the high resolution video file
- the THM - Thumbnail file this is also used by mobile GoPro App to represent the video file - can be opened with Paint in Windows
as per how to manage them.
- you can filter in FileExplorer using Type = mp4 + jpeg
- mobile will download only these
- use GoPRo Quick for Windows/MAC to keep track of what was or not yet downloaded
---and do not forget the rule of tumb:
- gopro is not good at all in dealing with "holes" in the SD card space
- so do not delete files from SD card, neither from camera menu, nor from GoPro App / PC File Explorer
- copy what you need from the card
- and format it before starting a new video session, from camera menu
hope these help a bit,
01-03-2019 05:06 AM
does not matter what the papers say...matters how do you feel.
let me tell you about my father...83 will be on Jan 7.
has a laptop for years, we buy him to have skype calls in the family.
every time I visited them, he was waiting for me with a list of issues, challenges, about how to do this/that, how to save, how to search for something, how to share, etc.
2018 in the summer got a new performant smartphone.
since the laptop is only collecting dust.
he said to me: "everything I did with the laptop, I can do now much faster and easier with my phone..."
so, to be gadget (not quite addicted ...but) skilful there is no age limit...
we, all gopro community, we are here to help,