Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Feiyutech G5

Hi everybody,

Just baught a Feiyutech G5 gimbal and it's pretty amazing except for the fact that the power-button on the Hero 5 is covered by the G5's frame. Yes, I can mount the GoPro up-side down but then the problem then moves to the Start recording button.

Sure, I can start a recording with the start botton, but when I stop the recording, either with the same button or with "Gopro stop recording" voice command - the gopro turns of completely.

My question is if there is any way to turn on the gopro hero 5 other then with the power button to the right of the gopro?

If not - a sugestion for a firmware fix - Press, and hold the start recording button for 2 seconds and that would just turn on the gopro - and the same to turn it of.

Have a greate day.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Feiyutech G5

I have the FY-G4  I keep it correctly  right side up and use the capture app works for me if I need to turn o nthe camera I loosen my thumb bolts and slide my  finger in and slide it back.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi fishycomics,

Yes, I realize that I could loosen the GoPro to reach the Power button, but it's awkward if you quickly wan't to change a setting before shooting. I also find that re-calibration of the G5 is nessesary each time I re-mount the Gopro.

It would be nice if someone from GoPro could comment on this - and hopefully look at a way to power on in an alternate way, not using the Power button.

Best regards

Highlighted
Adventurer

gopro did not make hte Feiyutech gimbal and they  are not going to alter for feiyutech. so you can keep dreaming about that..  Once the camera is powered on you do not need the power button to change modes that  is for the dive house or under water of hte camera  an alternative to  go from  vid to photo to etc  not settings. 

you can make a right angle  tool to  reach in and press, another Gimba;'s Company did that.

If you have to recalibrate each time with zfeiyutech G5, then your motors are  weak and htey never beefed up to the next motor to  compensate for added weight. 

I adapted my gimbal bracket and  do not need to recalibrate each time, so  saying that, maybe your motor is or  the culprit?

I have not tried it with the Hero 5 yet, but two options you can try:

place upside down your hero 5, I do that with my Hero 4 and yi if need be.

or

remove  mount and reverse it .

I  hope you do have gopro work on it and looking forward to  what they can do    good luck

FISH

Highlighted
Tourist

Refer to QuickCapture, With the camera powered off, press the Shutter button [ ]. Your camera powers on, beeps several times, and automatically begins capturing video.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Highlighted
Hiker

anyone know why the trigger button on my G5 doesnt nothing? :-(

Highlighted
Tourist

I plan on putting a small stick on foot on the gimbal face aligned with my Hero 5 power button. Loosen,. Bump, tighten.