Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Feature Request Night Low level video Profile. Also Post other Profile settings to share.

[ Edited ]

If one has a Setting for  Night Time and Love to Share it and works Perfect for them this is the Place we should have it so when the next Person  who does not  search and asks a thousand times over the same question.  We have a Excellent Topic going:

Please C/P the  Bullet and Post your Own Personal settings of each of the profiles used: Pick a Name and what you used.

Custum Profile

Night (Not offered)

• Mode  Video
  • Res/FPS
  • Lens
  • Hypersmooth
  • Low Light
  • Zoom
  • Bitrate
  • Shutter
  • EV Comp
  • White Balance
  • ISO Min
  • ISO Max
  • Sharpness
  • Color
  • Raw Audio

Profiles of GoPro are :

• Standard
  • Activity
  • Cinematic
  • Slo-Mo
  • AIr
  • Bike
  • Epic
  • Indoor
  • Motor
  • Mounted
  • Outdoor
  • POV
  • Selfie
  • Snow
  • Trail
  • Travel
  • Water
  • Looping

DSC05204.JPG

DSC05205.JPG

DSC05206.JPG

*If unsure of a night time see Post 2

GoPro incorrectly  posts Looping out of the  sequence and left out Timelapse, night. 

* *GoPro recommends ISO Min 100, ISO Max 400.  not my words .

* * *   If uncertain Default a setting and Shoot video.

Thank you Lets keep this  so all can  write down the  best settings that works for them to share to All.

Reguardes FISH

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Feature Request Night Low level video Profile. Also Post other Profile settings to share.

I use the Indoor Profile as my "Night" profile. I'm glad GoPro didn't put a "Night" option as it would have falsely given the impression that these action cameras are good for night time recording of video. For some reason, people seem to think that low light means no light, or at least night time shooting. It's not. Low light is, LOW light. Night time is night time and often No, to very little light. Not the same thing.

Indoors is usually about the lowest light that I know I can consistently get decent results before stabilization decreases and noise/gain is introduced. I have basic settings that I've always used for low light for previous GoPro cameras, but I haven't done enough testing with the HERO8 to decide if a little tweaking is needed or not.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Feature Request Night Low level video Profile. Also Post other Profile settings to share.

Thank you. so you had no setttings to offer on your Low level shots.

Indoor

• Mode  Video
  • Res/FPS
  • Lens
  • Hypersmooth
  • Low Light
  • Zoom
  • Bitrate
  • Shutter
  • EV Comp
  • White Balance
  • ISO Min
  • ISO Max
  • Sharpness
  • Color
  • Raw Audio
Highlighted
Adventurer

As I  test  out I need to chose  a   profile as a Standard this will be  more or less my standard  if ISO max is at 400 for all my Outdoor daytime shots.  I like the way the EV comp   gives it a  smoother look with taking just a tad of  color  to  a gray side ( how I can explain it  polarized gray )  Once I dial this in I then will make it my Cinematic profile and  my default video  mode.     what works for my Daytime Outdoor shots

Standard

• Mode  Video
  • Res/FPS 4K30L 16:9AR
  • Lens Linear
  • Hypersmooth On
  • Low Light On
  • Zoom  1X
  • Bitrate Low
  • Shutter Auto
  • EV Comp -0.5
  • White Balance Auto
  • ISO Min 100
  • ISO Max 200
  • Sharpness Med
  • Color GoPro
  • Raw Audio  Off

Highlighted
Explorer

I don't have any definitive settings because I haven't had time to do enough testing. One thing I've noticed in some of your videos is that your tend to take the long way to making changes to settings. It's much faster, and easier, to use the four quick settings on the LCD (top/bottom right/left). If the setting you need isn't available, simply long press on one of the Quick settings you've already changed to your liking. Example, you have color, Lens, Slow motion, and Sharpness as your preset quick setting buttons. You want to change from, 4K/30fps Linear EV 0 ISO MAX 200 Sharpness Medium Color GoPro, to 4K/60fps Wide EV -0.5 ISO MAX 400 Sharpness Low Color Flat. Change the color, lens and sharpness and activate Slo-Mo (which will change to 60fps). But how to change the EV and MAX ISO? Simply long press Sharpness and change it to EV. Long press Color and change it to MAX ISO. Now make those two changes and you're ready to go. No need to go into the custom settings.