Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Faulty connectivley between Hero8 and the iphone app

[ New ]

Hi, I purchased Hero8 last week and this is my third GoPro camera and it is so unreliable that I would like to be convinced as to why I should hang onto it and not return it to where I purchased the camera in Brookvale, NSW, Australia. The Hero8 firmware is out of date at the time of purchase and I also found that my iPhone app was out of date at the time of getting support. To get all this important software updated and the iPhone connected to the Hero8 it took 60 minutes of telephone support. This is unbelievable given that I had no problems with the Hero5 camera. You no longer get a technical manual with the camera and there is no simple site on the GoPro website to find how to download the manual. WHo does any quality control at GoPro today??? I tried to use the camera again today and I cannot connect it to the iPhone and I spent another 30 minutes of my time trying by trial and error to get this hopeless Hero8 camera to work. The camera has no value to me if it continues to require updates of both the firmware and app to reliably operate. I look forward to a simple approach to make sure the camera can operate reliably with the iPhone app or I am happy to take a refund and wait for the Hero9 camera to become available. PS Has the senior managers at GoPro 'lost the plot' and do they not understand the basics of quality control and listening to customers Regards George

GoPro

Re: Faulty connectivley between Hero8 and the iphone app

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about your experience, @supervista6766. First, the HERO8 Black manual is easily accessible through https://gopro.com/help/productmanuals as with other cameras.

The camera may have been in stock prior to the release of the latest software that is why it was not updated at the time that you received it. As updates through the GoPro app could be impacted by a number of factors including the OS of the phone, the version of the app installed, among others, it is always best to perform a manual firmware update. The steps under Manual Update here will always guide you with keeping the firmware up to date.  

Tourist

Re: Faulty connectivley between Hero8 and the iphone app

[ New ]
Thanks for the sub-standard reply and I will take my Hero8 back to the store for a refund. Your reply confirms to me that GoPro is not interested in quality anymore and I will look forward to a change (hopefully) in management and product quality in the future.