Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Faulty GoPro: delayed startup among other things.

When I start up my GoPro, it seems to take a few seconds to start up with a delayed third beep, whereas when I see other videos on YouTube, theirs starts up upon pressing the button with 3 quick and evenly spread out beeps. Is this a sign that my GP is on the way out, or does anyone else have this problem? ( video link https://youtu.be/I5uYo9FZm_Y )Not to mention there’s a weird flickering on the screen when I point it a white surfaces (not visible on YouTube). And I’ve once noticed a very visible and distorted block artefact on the footage. Also, sometimes the GP doesn’t turn on after charging.

Firmware and SD is up to date.

This GoPro is a replacement, and honestly I TJ ink I should have kept the one I sent back as it had much less issues than the one I have now.
Explorer

Re: Faulty GoPro: delayed startup among other things.

The start up didn't look bad.
"flickering on the screen" what country are you in and is the camera set to 60Hz (NTSC) or 50Hz (PAL)?
"very visible and distorted block artefact" Did you record in HEVC? What are you using to play back/edit your video? What resolution/frame rate and digital lens are you seeing this in?
"sometimes the GP doesn’t turn on after charging" The first time it's turned on it can take longer. If it wont turn on at all, that doesn't sound right and it might be best to do another exchange.
"SD is up to date" Not sure what this means, I assume you mean it's on the recommended list. Try a different card from this list and see if you get the same results https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308
Tourist

Hi, I’m using the right region frequency, and The lines on the screen issue is present in natural light across all resolutions, frame rates and shutter speeds. Is is also 100.
I’m pretty sure it recorded in h.264 because I’m only recording 1080p. And about the and card, I’m using the as card that was bundled with the GoPro, so it’s their own recommendation.
Explorer

You purchased directly from gopro.com? Or was it bundled and sold by a different store/vendor? The name/model/size is written on the card.
"Is is also 100." I don't know what this means.
There is the option for HEVC and h.264 + HEVC. Which is it?

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Are you looking for help, because direct answers will make that easier. Instead of saying, "right region frequency" just give the frequency and region, like asked. Same with things like the giving the actual name/model/size of the SD card.

Upload a video that has the "distorted block artefact" directly to youtube without editing and then post the link here so we can see what you are talking about. You can also post a video with the "weird flickering on the screen".
Adventurer

here is a start up.  match it  if you like see if it replicates yours

https://youtu.be/z7nhWgIwjoQ

Uploaded by fishycomics on 2020-02-14.