Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Faulty GoPro Black 7

Hi,

I have a new GoPro Black 7 and It is glitchy as. It just crashes, restarts, ro gets stuck in like a 'boot loop' as per the video. It also makes a terriable electrical buzz noise too during this process. I have tried to included a video as to what it is doing, but it won't let me. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems with their Black 7? It has the latest update and it does the same thing with or without the mic adapter connected.

Any help would be appreciated, as it is only 5 months old and is pretty much usless!

Cheers,

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Faulty GoPro Black 7

a webhost site like Dropbox and youtube   lets see the issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, almost everyone has those problems with the Hero 7 Black. There are thousands of examples in this forum alone. A few trolls around here with 10,000 posts are going to blame your SD card, despite the fact that it's the camera itself that doesn't work well. If your SD card is on the approved list, try another SD card from the approved list, If you have two sd cards from the approved list they will say your SD card must be a counterfeit. If you say you bought your SD card at a major retailer they wil then tell you that ONLY your camera is acting up, and that you should send it into gopro for repair, but when you get it back, it will have the same issue! They all have this problem. The camera is garbage. My hero 8 black is slightly better, but still garbage.

Highlighted
Adventurer

thanks for trolling along master.... lets wait for the video first before we jump to that conclusion.

Highlighted
Hiker

Here is the link for the video of what the camera is doing. Hope it works.

xhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/sksslo14jnqsq9p/fulty%20gopro%20black%207.mpeg?dl=0

Highlighted
Hiker

I forgot to mention that the SD card is a GoPro Black 7 'approved' SD card for the camera going by the list off their website..

Highlighted
GoPro

@truckasauras, sorry to hear about the trouble. Thanks for providing the video. To help us further isolate the issue, try removing the SD card and do you get the same result when the camera isn't plugged into an external power source?

How about without the camera's battery inserted? You can remove the battery and connect the camera directly to the charger (5V 2A output) using the GoPro USB-C cable.

Highlighted
Hiker

It was plugged into an external mic using the GoPro Mic adaptor. I have changed SD cards, used it without the battery and get the same result. Not every time, but always when you need to capture something you want to try and keep! It has since been sent off for 'testing' back to GoPro.

I did ask that if it was to be replaced, i would rather pay the difference and upgrade to a GoPro 8 as i've read a lot of issues with the 7 Black on here.

What are peoples thoughts on tbe new GoPro 8 Black?

Cheers and thanks for all the replies.