Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: False advertising - Gopro MAX

Agree. "working on it" is not an acceptable excuse for selling the product with a false advertisement that misdirects people to perceive all those functionalities are ready.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have contacted the Gopro Support today to get a full refund and return the camera.

Here is an email I used:

Dear Sir or Madam,

REFERENCE: _____Gopro-Gopro Max

I purchased the Gopro Max from Gopro. At the point of purchase I paid ____

My order number is: _______. I have been using the camera for over 2 weeks now and the device is not as advertised on the website. The mobile app for Android phone is limited. It doesn’t come with an option to change transitions when reframing footage. The render feature doesn’t allow me to achieve full resolution of footage and maximum bitrate on a mobile app and quality is subpar. Additionally Gopro does not currently offer a Windows PC solution for editing footage (other than purchasing expensive third party software from Adobe), which means that I have no option to use any of the material that I have captured as I am a Windows / Android user.

The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with Gopro that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

As you are in breach of contract and I've owned the product for less than 30 days I am within my statutory rights to ask for a full refund of the original cost paid.

I await confirmation that you will provide the remedy set out above within 14 days of the date of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

And here is a response from Gopro Support: 

- Yeah I understand, seems like we missed to somehow provide details about our software limitation when talking about Max for android and Windows, though for Android it should be good but seems like we are just missing something that you need. And for windows, actually we are doing our best to somehow release a new software but we just don't have specifics as to when it will happen.

- Once order is returned, we will scan it which could take about 24-72 hours. 

- And then process a refund which could take about 10-15 business days. 

I will be returning my camera today. Hope this helps some of you who are unhappy with the purchase.

Highlighted
Tourist

very true what people commented. This is an unfinished product (I get video artifacts all the time in 360 mode for e.g.) the software is unfinished, but sold for hefty price. The adverstising is completely misleading I agree, in regard to the actual quality it produces, the promised functionality, it is just rubbish for video. I will just use it for 360 panos and even that...but Gopro is quite keen to sell cloud storage...for what? uploading rubbish video for posterity? Like I said in another post, last time they get my money.

Highlighted
Hiker

Did you need to go into that much detail when returning, given that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee, no questions asked?
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for reminding me of that, I just got an RMA from GoPro support for the return of the complete order. At least customer support works properly. Nevertheless, people should be aware of the issues the camera has at this moment since many of the con artists who review the camera on their blogs seem to completely ignore them (probably because they got some free goodies along?)