Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

False advertising - Gopro MAX

So I went ahead and purchase the gopro Max soon after release and the camera turns out to be lacking half of the advertised features. I am an Android/ Windows PC user and I expected an easy solution to edit my Gopro 360 footage as advertised on the Gopro website and promotional video.

I have now owned the camera for a couple of weeks and I can't use any of the recorded footage. The quality of exports from Android is subpar, there is no option to change transitions and Windows has no app from Gopro to edit footage and no release date in sight. I have been a Gopro supporter for years but this is an absolute rip off and false advertising. As such I would like to request a full refund and return this useless piece of hardware that lacks the necessary software or developer support.

Its a shame that a reputable company like Gopro has released a half-baked product, charged a full price for it and made all new owners beta testers.
Highlighted
Hiker

Rif.: False advertising - Gopro MAX

Idem. Se puoi riavere i soldi, cambia prodotto. :)
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: False advertising - Gopro MAX

@shempl, Reframe in the GoPro App can be used to take creative control and transform your 360 footage into traditional videos or photos. Our team is continually working on the app's improvement. 

As for the GoPro Exporter, Windows is a fragmented operating system that covers a myriad of home setups. These setups require video encoding and decoding support for spherical media that need to be tested across multiple devices. For this reason, we’re taking a little more time to get things ready to make sure it meets the expectation of our users. Rest assured, we are planning to add the same level of features for Windows as users with Mac currently get with the GoPro Player.

Update Release information of the app is posted here:

Thank you for your patience as we work through this and for being a GoPro customer.

Highlighted
Hiker

@aenriquez perché non avete sviluppato il software prima di commercializzare gopro max. Perché?!
Highlighted
Hiker

I think that your team should have worked on the software before releasing the final product. And repeatedly copying the same response to all posts on the support hub is not helpful. Windows exporter does not allow editing of videos and the Android app lacks the features. This is an absolute disgrace from Gopro.
Highlighted
Hiker

..that answer ......."..As for the GoPro Exporter, Windows is a fragmented operating system...." which we have read repeatedly gives me an assumption...

...is this /are they real living people , or are we "communicating" with bots !?

Highlighted
Hiker

Then Gopro employee Enrique why is go pro selling a product that doesn function the way "IT CLAMS TO IN ITS ADVERTISEMENTS" ?!! you are selling a product based on claims of its functions yet it can not do them that is what is known as "FALSE ADVERTISING" If I sell the go pro president a car claiming it gets 25 miles to the gallon and it only gets 15 miles to the gallon he would be pissed off wouldnt he? or say I want my money back because you are lying and making false clams on something I am selling. 

You dont see Tesla saying this car will get 900 miles per charge then after you get it you find out that it only goes 400 miles and give the answer we are working on improving the milage of this Tesla car. Pathetic answer you are giving. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Dopo 40 giorni non c'è ancora un software funzionante come per apple.
Saranno robot con intelligenza artificiale