Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Factory Defect

[ New ]
Hi,
My name is Lucian and I bought the GoPRO 9 HERO Black this year from Romania and at the first use, when I snorkeled, the camera took water to the battery compartment. It is assumed that this model is water resistant to a depth of 9 m, I used it at 0.5 - 1 m depth and it failed. I mention that the camera cover has been closed properly (otherwise it cannot be used). I contacted the support center and opened the case with the number: 09770150. They recommend me to pay extra for the replacement of the device on the grounds that it was not used properly. It can be seen from the images that it does not seal properly, being a manufacturing defect.
I am writing this public message to show that your intention is to blame that new users for any factory defect.

f1ccf12b-cf70-4b58-bbc5-3d3c0f5e26cf.jpg30ab4d5d-9cb1-4911-a477-502bb0faaede.jpg

GoPro

Re: Factory Defect

[ New ]

Hi @luciancj

Based on the case we see that a return and a replacement has been arranged last June.

Return instructions were also sent via email.

The replacement unit will ship out once the returned item is received in our warehouse.

Were you able to return the camera using the return label we have provided?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,
I know this, but why if it's a factory defect I need to pay extra money for the replacement of this device. If there was a mistake of mine in handling his device, he would gladly pay.
Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]
I know this, but why if it's a factory defect I need to pay extra money for the replacement of this device. If there was a mistake of mine in handling his device, I would gladly pay.
Thanks
Adventurer

[ New ]

the face plate never properly glued and gopro  says you are at fault, while the staff here clearly sees it and they still point the issue at you. WOW

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @luciancj. How are you being asked to pay for the replacement? We were able to pull up the case and we see that it is a warranty replacement order that is in place. Is there any step or process that is asking you for a fee or a charge? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,
In that email it is one invoice of total amount of 135.78 USD

GoPro

[ New ]

@luciancj, please check the "Additional Comments" section in the invoice. It states that the values indicated in the invoice are for customs purposes only.

Should you have further questions or need clarifications with your RMA, you may reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Note: Your post has been edited to remove personal contact information for security purposes. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I understand now and I apologize for my wrong information.
Can I still send my device now with the last document from the email from 6 June?

Thank you!
GoPro

[ New ]

@luciancj, you may contact our Support Team so they can provide you with updated RMA documents.